What is SamKnows One?
Please don’t compare your data to the screenshots included in this FAQ. The data that is show in your own dashboard could be affected by lots of different things. To understand how to interprete your data, have a look here.
SamKnows One is our dashboard. It details all the metrics your Whitebox measures. It is your source of knowledge. It gives you the information you need to help you improve the performance of your internet.
To find out more about the Whitebox, please have a look at this article.
To get access to SamKnows One, you need to signup to be a volunteer. If you want to know how to signup, have a look at this page.
To view your test results your Whitebox needs to be properly connected. If you want to know more about installing your Whitebox, please read this article.
If you cannot log into your account / dashboard, please have a look at this article.
1. The 'Dashboard' page contains several categories:
- 'Your Whitebox' shows you your ISP, package/speedtier and location.
- 'Metrics to display' allows you to view different customisable metrics by selecting the desired feature in each drop-down menu.
By default, the board shows the results per week and displays:
- Download Speed (Multi-Threaded Only)
- Upload Speed (Combined)
- Packet Loss
- Jitter Down
- Jitter Up
Note: Depending on the project you are part of, the board might be slightly different.
For more information regarding data interpretation, please have a look at the category 'How do I interprete my data?'.
2. The 'Analytics' page gives you a focus on one customisable metric.
By default, you will see 'Download Speed (Multi-Thread Only)', but you can customise the metric, chart type and date range by selecting the desired features in the drop-down menus on the left-side of your screen.
You can also have access to the list of data (vs. visual chart) by selecting the 'Data tables' tab on the top left of your chart.
3. Our 'FAQs' are accessible by clicking on the multiple-square tab as below.
4. The 'Silhouette' icon leads you to:
- New updates - some updates can be obvious when others can be hidden. This section will detail the new features, bug fixes or general improvements.
You can have access to the previous updates by clicking on the 'Load previous updates' as per the picture below.
You can be notified by ticking the 'Keep me notified' box or you can just check this section when you feel like it to see what the new updates are.
- All the details related to 'My Whitebox' are found here, from your ISP, Unit ID, Public IP and Whitebox MAC. If you don’t understand what these features are, just hover over “i” icon with your mouse on the right side of the chart to discover their meaning.
- Your personal details - you can change them yourself if needed. For more information have a look at this article.
- 'Select Languages' - if you want to have access to your dashboard in another language, click on “Select langagues” and select your desired language: English (UK), Arabic, German, Spanish, French, Canadian French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Brasilian Portuguese.