I have a technical issue with my Whitebox - WDR3600
Do you currently have an issue with your Whitebox WDR3600?
If your box is connected but the light with 2 arrows keeps on blinking, it means your Whitebox is not properly installed. In that case, please proceed as follows:
The 2-arrow green light is the first one from the right on the front of the device.
- For a fresh start, disconnect all your devices from your Whitebox.
- Take the network cable you received with your Whitebox and plug one end into the INTERNET port of the Whitebox and the other end to one of the LAN ports of your router.
The INTERNET port is in blue in the middle of this picture.
Ensure that DHCP is enabled from your computer as below:
- From your PC/Windows: Settings > Network Status > View your network properties
- From your Mac: System Preferences > Network
- Click on 'Advanced'
- Select the TCP/IP tab and check if the option 'Using DHCP' is selected. If it is not the case, select it.
If you have a modem AND a router*, check that your modem is connected to your router and your router connected to your Whitebox. If your Whitebox is plugged between the modem and the router, the light will keep on flashing.
The correct way is: Modem > Router > Whitebox.
If despite your trying all the above, the issue persists:
- Connect your network cable to a different LAN port (on your router)
- Use a different network cable
- Double check if everything has been plugged tightly
- Check if all your wired devices are plugged into your Whitebox
If the light keeps on blinking or your Whitebox refuses to work, please email us at email@example.com, we will get one of our experts to investigate further.
*You don’t know how to differentiate your modem from your router?
Take one of both devices. If it has only a single cable/DSL connection, single ethernet port or USB port, this is likely your modem. Trace the ethernet cable from this device to the next one in the chain. If it connects to a device with visible antennas or multiple ethernet ports, this is likely your router.